The logistics division of a global event organisation based in Coventry is seeking a Transport Yard Operative to join its expanding team.
As the Transport Yard Operative your duties will include:
- Supplying operational support to the transport office.
- Assisting drivers where needed.
- The shunting of vehicles locally / on site.
- Overseeing Drivers debriefing ensure correct completion of drivers check sheets.
- Ensuring drivers down load cards daily.
- Completing minor vehicle repairs when necessary.
- Overseeing the down loading of tachograph head unit information.
To be a successful Transport Yard Operative you will have the following skills and experience:
- This role would ideally suit Yard Drivers / Supervisors or Shunter Drivers/ Supervisors.
- A current VOSPA or RHA Drivers assessors certificate would be advantageous.
- Current HGV 1 Licence is essential
- CPC qualification would be preferred but not essential
- GCSE Maths and English or equivalent (A-C grade).
- Relevant vocational qualification.
- Previous experience gained within the transport/logistics service industry.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office: Outlook, Word, Excel.
Whats on offer:
This is a permanent position offering a salary of £28,000
25 days per annum (plus bank holidays and statutory public holidays)
Death In Service
Contributory pension scheme
Subsidised on-site canteen
Free on-site parking
Opportunities for career progression
The Transport Yard Operative will be working a 40-hour week working on a four day on and four days off rota, typically between the hours of 0400hrs – 1500hrs (with one-hour unpaid lunch). From time to time, you may be required to work outside these hours without additional remuneration in order to meet the requirements of the business and to ensure that your duties are properly performed.
My client is looking to interview asap and ideally appoint someone to start for the 3rd January 2017