Vehicle Maintenance Technician - We are currently looking for an experienced Vehicle Maintenance Technician to join a fast paced and busy Distribution Centre based in Kent.
As the Vehicle Maintenance Technician, you will contribute towards the overall maintenance of the Distribution Centre Vehicle fleet. The Vehicle Maintenance Technician will be responsible for the maintenance and legal compliance for the distribution centres circa 120 class 2 multi-temperature vehicles ranging from 7.5 ton - 26 ton vans, trailer units and arctic units vehicles, which in hand helps reduce repair and maintenance costs.
The Vehicle Maintenance Technician is a critical role in ensuring compliance to the site and transportation legislation.
You will be an experienced vehicle maintenance technician / mechanic and hold Ideally a Class 1/2 licence and must come from within a strong Mechanical/Engineering background.
Reporting into the Distribution Site Manager, you will add value to the transportation teams through completing all vehicle maintenance paperwork and carrying out checks ensuring compliance and adherence to the company policies.
- To monitor, complete, allocate, vehicle defects primarily raised by drivers using the FTA vehicle defect VC40.
- Complete vehicle defects in accordance with the Dos and Don’ts guide
- Coordinate and organise the Nominated VOR area
- Complete authorised Modifications and Hazzard alert projects
- Attend off site Breakdowns (Only where vehicles are parked off road)
- Check returning vehicles for any accident damage
- Assisting with driver training
The hours of work for this vacancy are Monday – Friday 1pm – 10pm.
You will be offered a salary of up to 35K plus excellent benefits including 25 days holiday, private healthcare cover, company contributory pension scheme and other discounted benefits.