Our Client, a seafood company based in Moray, has an excellent opportunity available for a Technical Services Manager to join their team.
Reporting initially to the Head of Technical the successful candidate will play a key role as part of the Technical Team in order to support the delivery of targets.
Responsibilities will include:
- Handling and administering all routine aspects of customer related technical issues including product related queries, specifications and questionnaires.
- Completion of customer specifications, either using an in-house format, or customers bespoke systems.
- Completion of customer supplier questionnaires.
- Management of customer complaints involving investigation and response to complaints.
- Regular liaison with production and assistance with technical issues.
- Inspections of the production areas, when necessary.
- Co-ordination of external audits and completion of NCR’s.
- Updating and issuing of records and procedures.
- Involvement with internal and customer initiated traceability exercises.
- Playing a key part in all areas of HACCP & Food Hygiene.
- Being proactively involved with system development and continuous improvement activities that improve the customer experience, when seeking technical information from the business.
- Ensuring consistent communication with customers; both internal and external.
- Building and maintaining relationships with key customers.
- Operating to best technical practice, maintaining food safety, legality, quality and customer requirements.
This position would suit either a candidate working at Technical Services Manager level at present, or one looking to take the next step within their career. The ideal Technical Services Manager will have:
- A Food Technology qualification (e.g. Degree/HND).
- Intermediate Food Hygiene and HACCP.
- 2 years relevant experience within the high care industry - preferably with premium UK retail experience.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- An enthusiastic with a ‘can do attitude’.
- Excellent organisational skills with a keen eye for detail.
- An ability to multi task and use own initiative.
- Good IT literacy.
The Technical Services Manager will work full time hours set between Monday to Friday, with flexibility essential, and receive a salary of circa £30k depending on experience.
Applications will be considered on both an interim or permanent basis.