My Client manages complex public services, with a team of 50,000 people around the world in areas including defence, transport, justice, immigration, healthcare and citizen services. We are innovators, committed to redesigning and improving public services for the benefit of everyone.
Job Title: Technical Delivery Manager
Base Location: Home Based with UK Travel
Salary from £45,000 per annum plus benefits
The Technical Delivery Manager will be responsible for successfully delivering IT work-packages, including supporting pre-sales, analysis, cross functional development and systems integration. The Technical Delivery Manager owns the IT solution delivery and is ultimately responsible for the delivery of the cost, quality, and timely delivery of the IT solution. They will oversee all internal delivery teams as well as any external partners/suppliers delivering as part of the IT work-package.
Structure and Reporting Relationship
The role is positioned within the Solutions function in ITS. The role reports to the Resource Pool Manager for tasking.
They will work in conjunction with the Business Unit (BU) Delivery Partners and Solution Leads to develop solutions that require delivery as part of BU IT roadmaps and will maintain strong working relationships with Sector Leads across My Client to ensure compliance.
IT work packages are often part of a larger IT Workstream and as such the Technical Delivery Manager may work into a Senior Technical Delivery Manager or Programme Manager.
Individuals will be working with My Client Business teams, key capabilities in ITS and/or suppliers/partners to delivery repeatable solutions based on standard components, whilst always questioning and looking for competitive solutions outside the box.
Essential technical and professional skills, knowledge and qualifications
- Experience managing teams delivering IT work-packages and involving multiple software application integrators
- Good Project Management skills including: Estimating, Scope Management, Budget Management, Work-package Planning, Time Management, Risk Management, Change Management, Issue/Conflict Resolution, Communication Management, Quality Management, Testing Plans, Training Plans, Team Management
- Ability to multi-task efficiently
- Ability to handle stressful situations with perseverance and professionalism
- Good problem solving skills
- Ability to anticipate and build contingency plans
- Excellent presentation skills and strong negotiation skills
- Proven ability to plan IT work-packages, building delivery backlogs, progress monitoring including budget control and milestone control; issue and risk management
- Proven history and track record of completing quality Technology projects on time, as well as a proven track record in coaching and mentoring others to success
- Foundational understanding of Systems Integration, Systems Development Life Cycle Methodologies, Quality Assurance and Testing, Requirements Gathering, and Systems Analysis and Design
- Good understanding and knowledge of Project Management, Change Management
- Skills and knowledge acquired through Development, Technical Design, or Technical Project Management.
- Strong experience in dealing with senior business users, determining delivery scope and priorities as well as resolving issues
- Significant project experience or technical delivery management of IT Change and IT projects as a Developer, Business Analyst or IT Project Manager See text from Steph.
- Knowledge of application development and system architecture
Additional / Special Features of the Role
Must be willing to undergo BPSS security clearance. In some cases SC may be required Current Prince 2 Practitioner certification.
On occasion we receive significantly more applicants than expected for some vacancies and under such circumstances we reserve the right to bring forward the closing date of the advertisement. We therefore strongly advise you to apply for the role promptly to avoid disappointment should the closing date be brought forward. My Client is a Disability Confident Employer committed to employing and retaining people with disabilities. Disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the job will be given the opportunity to demonstrate their abilities at an interview.