Evesham • Permanent • Full Time • up to £35,000 DOE
Arden Personnel are recruiting for a Technical Author who will be required to support and assist the Technical Compliance Department in all areas of documentation activities.
Job Description for our Technical Author Role:
You will be responsible for:
- Maintaining contract schedules for documentation, updating as appropriate with regular contact with contract managers.
- Compiling appropriate installation and maintenance instructions from standard documents where possible, editing each to suit.
- Writing operating instructions, (contract specific), liaising closely with the controls department.
- Preparing appropriate CE certificates of incorporation/conformity.
- Arranging for translations when required for installation and operation manuals.
- Ensuring all work is completed in accordance with the Company standard.
- Collating Materials and compliance certification.
- Producing material traceability lists.
- Incorporating Company/suppliers’ inspection and test reports.
- Creating and up-issuing documents (installation and maintenance instructions) as and when required in response to modifications/design changes.
- Assisting in other areas of the business as required.
To be considered for our Technical Author role you will need to;
- Have Engineering experience gained within the technical compliance sector.
- Be able to demonstrate a portfolio of work examples in the technical compliance sector.
- Have a good understanding of automated systems and manufacturing methods.
- Be familiar with current legislation and best practice, for example the Machinery Directive, CE Declarations, ATEX
- Be self motivated who can work on own initiative and as part of a team.
- Be proficient in using Microsoft, Adobe and ACAD software packages.
- Be organised and able to work to tight deadlines.
What’s on Offer
As an Technical Author you will receive;
- A salary of up to £35,000 per annum DOE
- 22 days holiday plus bank holidays, rising with length of service
- Contributory pension scheme
- Company healthcare scheme
- Life assurance scheme
- Long service awards
- Training and development opportunities
Apply for this role:
To apply for our Technical Author role please click the apply button. Job reference NM-1592 if this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.