Purpose of the Job
The purpose of this job is to be a key part of an electronics and software engineering team working on project delivery, service provision and product development. The job encompasses bidding for, designing, implementing, testing, acceptance and after-sales support of systems for the International Defence and Industrial market sectors. The work is within the context of a multi-disciplinary and multi-site engineering team delivering complete solutions to the customer.
- Pre-Sales – You will work with the Business Development and Tendering teams to evaluate opportunities for product and project sales and to provide technical material in order to win sales.
- Engineering – You will work with other engineers to deliver projects, services and products to contracted cost, schedule and quality requirements. This role is responsible for the quality of technical solutions delivered by the engineering team, and is accountable for delivering work packages, such as detailed designs, implementations and test specifications, to agreed schedule and quality targets.
- After Sales – You will work with the Project Manager to provide an after-sales service to customers and clients. This role will engage with customers to diagnose technical issues with delivered solutions, and will propose technical solutions to those identified issues.
- Demonstrations – You will work with the Business Development team to prepare and deliver demonstrations of Company products and capabilities.
Knowledge and Skills
- Please see separate Specific Skills List.
- A broad understanding of Engineering in general.
- Effective communication and inter-personal abilities.
- A good understanding of both Waterfall and Agile development approaches.
- Familiarity of Product Development Lifecycle.
- A first degree or equivalent in a relevant Engineering, Electronics, Software or Computer Science subject.
- Membership of a Professional Body, such as the BCS or IET.
- At least 2 years commercial programming experience however candidates with a very strong academic bias towards the ‘Must Have’ skills identified in the Specific Skills List will also be considered.
- Experience of working both alone and in teams.
- Must meet UK MoD security vetting criteria.
- Ability to work in the UK with no restrictions.
- The job holder will preferably have a current European driving licence.
- Ability to be flexible and work outside core hours on occasion.
- Occasional travel to other sites.
- Participate in the personal performance review process, identifying development areas and strengths as part of continuous professional development.
- Participate in continuous improvement activities within the company.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: £42,000.00 /year
- Secondary education
- Commercial Planning: 1 year
- Engineering: 1 year
Required licence or certification:
- Driving Licence
You have requested that Indeed ask candidates the following questions:
- Have you completed the following level of education: Secondary education?
- How many years of Commercial Planning experience do you have?
- How many years of Engineering experience do you have?
- Do you have the following licence or certification: Driving Licence?