Nature of specific projects
Candidate might be involved in one or more of the following product developments or customer projects:
- Development of system interoperability and security products. Defence and Government sectors and IoT opportunities. Various technologies particularly C#, Java, XML, Windows and Linux.
- On-going software change and test of a networked system of desktop and bespoke devices for the Defence Sector. Particularly Windows desktop and but some Embedded Linux applications too.
- Development of the company’s next generation of Vehicle Health and Usage Monitoring devices support software. C# Microsoft technologies, three tier architectures.
- Skills in two Object-Oriented languages C#.Net & Java
- Skills in Object-Oriented architecture design, software implementation, software build, and software test
- Experience with MS Visual Studio 2010 or above
- Experience with the Eclipse IDE preferably Mars or later
- Experience of software/hardware system integration and test
- Windows Desktop or Windows Server application development knowledge
- Experience of implementing software for TCP/IP socket communications
- Good Software Configuration Management and Issue Management experience
- At least 2 years commercial programming experience however candidates with a very strong academic bias towards these ‘Must Have’ skills will also be considered.
- Skills in additional 00 languages e.g. C++
- Familiarity with Ubuntu 14 LTS or later
- Familiarity with Android OS
- Experience with Video and VOIP over Ethernet
- Usage of UML (ideally using Enterprise Architect) on hardware/software projects
- Development of embedded C and C++ for embedded Linux using gcc
- Cryptography: Windows bCrypt/nCrypt libraries or OpenSSL under Linux
- ASN.1 (and XML)
- Python, or Perl
- SQL/Database experience
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: Between £24,000 and £42,000.00 /year DOE