- Are you an experienced Health, Safety & Environment professional?
- Is this experience in the food industry?
- And are passionate about being hands on and making a difference?
If so, we’d love to hear from you as our client is recruiting a SHE Manager to join their chilled food manufacturing business based in Somerset. As the SHE Manager, you will be reporting into the Operations Director, you will be responsible for ensuring that all relevant SHE legislation is implemented and that the business fully complies. You will be the driver of best practices across the business, working in a hands on role to ensure that SHE is ingrained in the culture of the business.
Key Responsibilities for the SHE Manager:
- Key Responsibilities will include Strategy and Site Plans, developing and implementing SHE action plans.
- Develop and recommend policies and procedures.
- Accident / Incident Management, ensuring personal and environment accidents and incidents are investigated, recorded and making recommendations to reduce these.
- Risk Assessments as well as Auditing to ensure robust processes are in place.
- Manage a team of First Aiders.
Key Attributes for the role of SHE Manager:
- Diploma in NEBOSH, H&S and Environmental qualification or equivalent.
- A background of working in the food industry is essential in a similar role.
- In depth knowledge of SHE Legislation as well as the ability to put it in to practice.
- Experience of working cross functionally and the ability to inspire the wider business the importance of SHE.
- Highly organised with enthusiasm and great positivity. Plus own initiative.
Job Reference: JR11257
Salary: £40,000 - £55,000 plus benefits