|Job Title:||Service Engineer|
|Contact Name:||Lissa Fletcher|
|Job Published:||18 days ago|
|TEAM Member Emailemail@example.com|
|TEAM Member Phone Number||01789 532220|
|Member Contact||Lissa Fletcher|
|Contact Phone Number||01789 532220|
|Approximate Total Fee:|
|Split Fee Terms:|
London • Full time •OTE of £30-£35k
• Exciting new opportunity to join a well-established company.
Our client wishes to expand its Engineering Team with the position of Service Engineer. This will be a roaming role with the expectation to travel, with the purpose being to carry routine maintenance of equipment for their clients and assist with machine installations, refurbishments and breakdowns when required. As Service Engineer you will be responsible for the following duties;
• To carry out the installation and routine maintenance visits to vehicle washing machines and equipment relating to bus, truck & rail operators.
• To carry out emergency breakdown repairs to vehicle washing equipment and water reclaim systems; both company and other manufacturers as and when required.
• On occasion to assist with the installation of new & refurbished equipment.
• Fault finding.
• Provide weekend cover and be on standby as required.
• As part of the role, you will be required to spend nights away from home when installing machines.
• To recognise and conform to the Company’s Terms & Conditions of Employment and the requirements of the Health & Safety Legislation.
• Provide technical support to Sales on machine selection, performance and capability, both by phone and on site customer facing meetings.
• Communicate any additional requirements to Service so they can obtain quotations.
• Work with colleagues and service departments to help develop better products and improve installation efficiency.
The Successful Applicant
To be considered for this Service Engineer role you will need;
• Expected to be competent in machine fitting, plumbing, mechanical & electrical work. Training will be given as and when required to ensure you are conversant with any type of machine.
• A general understanding of Mechanics, Electrics, Hydraulics and Pneumatics.
• Familiarity of working with electric motors, drive shafts, pumps, gear boxes and PLC’s/PCB’s.
• Experience of dealing with the general public and good customer service skills, preferably involving explanation and advice.
• Professional individual who can earn the confidence of colleagues, customers and suppliers alike through their manner and approach.
• Good communications skills, with the ability to explain technical issues to technical and non-technical people and to understand their concerns.
• Good at detail and understands the key importance of providing accurate information to avoid later on site problems
• Able to use own initiative to find answers to problems and devise potential solutions but not afraid to seek advice/guidance from others when necessary.
• Team player, able to get on with colleagues, customers and suppliers.
• Goal driven individual who wants to get the job done well and on time.
• Pro-active and enthusiastic approach, able to work with minimal supervision.
• Mechanical engineering background.
• Basic electrics would be an advantage.
• Plumbing skills.
• Knowledge of civils would be useful.
• Full driving license is essential.
What's on Offer?
• Opportunity to earn £22k basic (OTE of £30-£35k).
• The chance to join a well-established company.