Our client is seeking to employ an experienced Senior Surveyor to add to their team based in Ipswich. Our client is a global blue chip leader in the construction infrastructure sector providing various related services to their clients. With an impressive turnover and profit ratio they are growing at a healthy rate. The ideal candidate will have a sector background in scaffolding, roofing or brickwork.
Purpose of the Role
The ideal candidate will prepare and submit valuations in accordance with contracts and provide commercial support to the business. You key roles are:
- Vetting and agreement of contracts.
- Liaising with operational team to ensure compliance with the contract.
- Responsible for management of debtor days in line with contract.
- Build relationships to ensure prompt account agreement and assist in securing repeat business.
- Review contracts submitted by clients and agree wording or raise potential issues with client requirements.
- Produce monthly valuations by site visits to sites where there is work in progress or a large amount of variations
- Vet tender documents.
- Provide support at internal and external pre contract meetings when notified and where required.
- Ensure that all back up documentation is submitted to the project surveyor for timely payments
- Co-ordinate admin support at locations to ensure that detail is sent to customer on a timely basis
- Ensure that there is a flexible Schedule of Rates incorporated into the contract for valuing extra works
- Ensure that a programme of works is incorporated into the contract
- Work closely with branch and site management teams to record monthly status by either photographs or outline drawing
- Ensure that extra works and extra hire are valued for properly and fairly and agree monthly payments. Contact customers with outstanding debt to progress payment.
- Respond to customer enquiries effectively and resolve and conclude all problems
- Raise concerns with the location manager to minimise operational issues impacting on customer payments or contract management
- Support and promote a team culture and company values
Qualifications & Experience
- A HNC or equivalent in Quantity Surveying or Construction
- Relevant experience working as a Surveyor in the Construction Industry
- Must have a good understanding of contract law and knowledge of contracts
- An understanding of health and safety principles
- A full UK Driving License
- Good IT skills including Microsoft packages
- Car allowance - £520 Per Month
- 25 days holiday
- Pension up to 6%
- Life Cover – up to 8 times salary
If you feel you have the right skills and attributes to suit this role, please send your CV for the attention of David Stevens on call our office on 01543 629090