Senior Payroll Administrator • Rubery, West Midlands • £24,000 per annum • Permanent, full-time
This is an excellent opportunity to join a single, global HR services provider based in Rubery, Birmingham which is dedicated to their clients and strives for excellence and innovation. The company offers a modern working environment, attractive salary and flexible benefits package, plus structured training and support.
This role would suit someone who has previous experience in payroll processes, policies and regulations. Essential requirements: The successful Senior Payroll Administrator will have:
- In depth knowledge of processes, policies and regulations within the area of Payroll and Benefits Administration
- Knowledge of the Service Centre processes, policies and procedures (e.g. escalation procedures, service level agreements, client service standards)
- Computer skills: MS Office, SAP HR, HR IS/IT systems and SC technology (tools for documentation/tracking, service delivery channels etc.)
- HR expertise (Personnel Administration, payroll etc.)
- Good analytical skills - to be able to break down a problem, situation or process into its component parts, to separate the main issues from side-issues, to understand the nature of parts and their relationship to one another.
- Gathering information and problem solving skills - look at existing issues and interact with others to find adequate solutions
- Good communication skills and be customer oriented - to be able to identify and understand the customer's needs.
The duties of the Senior Payroll Administrator are:
- Be the first point of contact in the delivery centres for Client HR Representative in a Managed Services delivery model
- Work as the first escalation level for Tier 1 agent in a Comprehensive Services delivery Model
- Respond to information or enquiry requests requiring a significant level of expertise
- Respond to complex HR and labour legislation questions
- Analyse and solve client’s questions, problems/requests efficiently and effectively
- Personnel Administration Data Processing & Controls
- Time Data Processing and Controls / Time Data Validation
- Pre-Payroll Processes / On-Cycle Payroll Processes / Post-Payroll Processes
- Underpayment management / Overpayment management
- End of year activities
- Provide support on Applications and System Changes for Base system maintenance (Corrective, Adaptative and Preventive) and Enhancements (Direct Service Changes and Change Requests)
- Participate in the functional analysis, escalates request to the Payroll Manager and performs the acceptance testing.
Salary: up to £24k (depending on experience)