The Snr Business Systems Analyst will provide Electronic Data Interchange (EDI) end users with a direct point of contact for all EDI applications issues. The position will work directly with our internal and external customers to on board new partners and messages, improve our existing EDI business processes, and maximize the effectiveness of the existing EDI systems. The position will be responsible for interpreting business needs / issues, translating those needs / issues into actionable requirements, participating in design and/or mapping activities, configuring software and reports, developing test scenarios, driving the testing & implementation activities including training support staff, in order to ensure that the post-implementation support meets requirement. The position will be available to provide after-hours / on call support (in the event of a critical issue) as well as participate in the occasional system validation that may be required during monthly IT outages.
- Reviews and analyzes the effectiveness and efficiency of existing business processes/systems/technologies used in/for EDI and develops strategies for improving or leveraging these systems.
- ·Responsible for maintaining all EDI environments primarily with application functionality, version maintenance, workflow management, and inherently supported communication protocols
- Responsible for basic level map changes and/or environment migration support within the EDI global platform
- Considers business implications of the application of technology to the current business environment. Defines functional and system requirements accordingly.
- Ensures that any new software integration meets functional/ end user requirements, compliance and interface specifications, and proper documentation are maintained.
- Develops effective test scenarios, scripts and use cases with consideration to cross functional and process stream impact.
- Analyzes formal test results in order to discover and resolve defects, bugs, errors, configuration issues, and interoperability flaws.
- Performs application system administration functions specific to application setup, configuration and maintenance.
- Oversees small to mid-size projects and/or tasks and phases of larger projects. Responsible for coordinating activities of teams, schedules and resources for assigned tasks or projects.
- Facilitator for the resolution of EDI production support issues to ensure root cause is properly documented and steps in place to avoid recurrence
- Ensures exceptional customer service to all regions and subsidiaries, internal and external.
- Assist in escalated troubleshooting for all regional impacts – participating in the on call support rotation and alternating after hours and on call support with other Global Support Team Members.
- Enforces the security policies of the organization and ensures compliance of established Sarbanes Oxley (SOX) procedures.
- Works collaboratively with other regions and recommend performance improvements for EDI applications management
- Employee is able to respond to urgent matters when out of office and participate in afterhours support as needed
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Working knowledge of EDI standards as well as Oracle ERP and/or Baan ERP.
- Excellent knowledge of business enterprise functions and processes with the ability to effectively communicate between functional, technical teams, and senior management.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills with a keen attention to detail and the ability to suggest/implement technical solutions within IBM Sterling Commerce.
- ·Ability to read, understand & create technical manuals, procedural documentation, and requirements documentation. Ability to produce & maintain high quality referential documentation.
- Ability to adapt to a fast paced / dynamic environment. Must be able to easily accommodate changes in workload, staffing, and on occasion their own schedule, i.e. after hours critical support, meeting requests off hours to accommodate other global team members, systems validation during monthly IT outages etc.
- Effective interpersonal skills - specifically strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment while remaining self-motivated and self-directed
- ·Extensive experience working in a team-oriented / collaborative environment
- 5+ years experience with EDI & Electronic Commerce business process and systems support.
- Experience managing all aspects of small to mid-size projects inc. EDI partner on-boarding (design, implementation, & support)
- Experience using PC desktop software including MS Office suites and related products
- Experience with IBM Sterling B2B Suite (Sterling B2B Integrator, Sterling File Gateway, Control Centre), communications protocols (AS2, SFTP, FTP, HTTPS), inc. basic level mapping/migrations.
- Exposure to Oracle e-Commerce Gateway 12.1 desired.
- Normal office environment.
- Sedentary to light physical effort necessary to perform the job.
- Extensive contact with employees and external business partners.
- Minimal travel (<20%) is required.