Please do not advertise salary as confidential
Senior DevOps/ Infrastructure Engineer -
As the Infrastructure Engineer you will be responsible for managing the life cycle of external client infrastructure and business critical internal systems.
To be successful within this role you will need to have skills within server operating systems, hosting and cloud services platforms as a service, development environments, scripting, automation and deployment, security and user management and end user computing.
Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Defining, building, bringing into service, operating, supporting, performance monitoring, continually improving and decommissioning of all Infrastructure services, products and platforms to serve a variety of needs.
- For the services, products and platforms supported:
- Managing the configuration, availability, capacity, performance and cost.
- Managing requests, changes, incidents and problems.
- Drive continuous improvement activities.
- Maintain consistency between development and production environments.
- Maximise the use of tools and technologies to deliver operational excellence.
- Active participation in wider communities of practice, identifying good practices and sharing experiences.
- Sharing knowledge of tools and techniques, and collaborating to improve the capability of the team.
Experience and Knowledge:
- Unix, Linux & Windows server and client deployment and customisation.
- Configuration of terminal and remote desktop services.
- Delivery and maintenance of appliance based solutions.
- Virtualisation technologies including Xen, VMWare, Docker and similar.
- Platform/Service as a Service providers including AWS, Google App Engine, Heroku and others.
- Automation technologies such as Jenkins and Puppet.
- Maintenance and configuration of application services including web, email, API’s and others.
- Creation and execution of scripts using Perl, Python, Ruby and others.
- Appraisal of Open Source and Commercial options for a given outcome.