Moreton in Marsh • £23-26k DOE• Permanent • Full Time
Responsible for the day to day management of a purchasing profile with focus on continuous improvement within purchasing.
Day to Day duties
• Manage and continuously review the Purchase Order System (MRP), to ensure it is accurate, up to date and consistently meets the requirements of the business;
• Purchase materials in line with inventory targets;
• Timely and effective communication of forecasts and purchase orders to suppliers;
• Continually review the overall “value” offered by existing suppliers and ensure that the Company’s purchasing remains globally competitive.
• Assist with regular re-negotiations of terms of business/service agreements and performance evaluation with suppliers, taking corrective action as required.
• Check and authorise designated invoices for stock, packaging and carriage items.
• Management of Key Performance Indicators (KPIs);
• Any other reasonable duties which may be required by management from time to time.
The Successful Applicant:
To be considered for our Buyer's role you will need to have;
• Minimum of 3 years’ experience of buying / procurement within an MRP environment;
• Excellent understanding of efficient materials flow and best practice;
• Experience in dealing with global suppliers;
• Strong track record of negotiating procurement / buying terms;
• High level of computer literacy, to include MS PowerPoint, Word, Excel and Outlook.
• Special Aptitudes Ability to work under pressure and to tight schedules;
• Strong organisational and administration skills.
• Disposition Confident and assertive;
• Professional attitude and demeanour;
• Adaptable / Flexible approach to work.
What’s on Offer?
As a Buyer you will receive;
• Salary of up to £23-26k DOE
• 28 days holiday including Bank Holidays
• Free Parking
• pension, monthly incentives etc.
• Office hours – 08.00-17.00