An excellent opportunity has arisen for a Senior Accountant/Manager to join a general practice in Bicester.
The focus of this role is to provide a professional accountancy service to limited companies, partnerships and sole-traders and supporting Directors in the running of their portfolios and managing junior staff.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Reporting directly to a Director
- Preparation and review of financial statements and tax returns
- Identify relevant points for Directors to raise with clients
- Liaise with clients, providing additional information for their accounts and returns, ensuring accuracy and that deadlines are met
- Support and mentor trainees and junior staff as required
- At least 1-2 years post qualified ACCA/ACA or at least 5 years qualified by experience
- Ability to demonstrate financial experience
- Legislatively compliant with the ability to interpret any relevant legislation to clients
- Experience of working with clients within a busy accountancy practice
- Some exposure to tax
- A good working knowledge of accounting systems, ie. Sage, Quickbooks and Xero
The successful candidate will be:
- Self-driven, results-oriented with a positive outlook
- A strong but empathic communicator
- Able to deliver a high quality accountancy service
- Flexible and willing to visit other offices and clients
- Confident with IT and networking
- Experienced in coaching junior colleagues towards professional development
In return, the company offers a generous salary coupled with excellent working conditions and benefits.