Teacher – specialist school for children and young people with emotional behavioural and mental health issues.
Full-time: Mondays 8:30am to 5pm and Tuesdays to Fridays 8:30am to 4pm
A small, specialist school which provides education for children with emotional behavioural and mental health issues is looking for a teacher.
The school works in a therapeutic and nurturing way and the successful applicant will have previous experience of working with children with complex needs and challenging behaviour. You will need to be comfortable with teaching all subjects, emotionally resilisent and excellent at building relationships with children who put up barriers to adults.
The school has two sites, one in High Wycombe and one in Aylesbury and you will be required to work at both.
Initial and ongoing training will be provided.
Responsibilities of Teacher Role:
- Working with vulnerable pupils in an alternative education setting – leading activities/educational based work
- Teaching according to the educational needs, abilities and achievement of the individual students and small groups of students.
- You will adopt and work towards the implementation of the school development plan.
- Will be teaching across KS3 and KS4
- Ideally a driver
- Teaching or learning qualification
- Previous experience in working with young people on the Autistic Spectrum and / or with behavioural difficulties.
- Previous experience of teaching Key Stage 2,3 and/or 4.
- Curriculum knowledge of Maths, English and/or Science subjects.
Salary and Benefits:
- Competitive salary dependent on qualifications and/or experience
- Initial and ongoing training provided for personal and professional development
- Progressive Pay Scale
- Access to voluntary benefits
- Enrolment into the NEST Pension Scheme