Join our Engineering Security team and help further develop our cybersecurity, by driving our “Secure First” cyber strategy to meet our business goals. Act as a trusted advisor by providing cybersecurity advice and guidance to internal and external teams at all stages of a project lifecycle.
As a Security Consultant, you will add value to the development of the organisations security strategy, which combines non-functional requirements, technology reference models, security policies and standards. Contributing to various elements of the product life cycle, by conducting gap analysis, risk assessments and making recommendations to address issues.
You’ll participate in ensuring project risks are documented, accepted and transferred to order to bring closure. Whilst supporting on security queries; by advising, reviewing and signing off test strategies against requirements.
This role is fundamental in bridging the gap between the security challenges that we face. So, if you have technical knowledge, combined with consultancy experience – we want to hear from you.
What we’re looking for:
Want to be part of our dedicated cyber team? We’re looking for an individual that, as a minimum has:
• Proven experience working as a security consultant or advisor for 5 years or more
• Familiarity with compliance and security standards - Cyber Essentials, ISO 27001, NIST, CIS, NCSC Cloud Security Principles and NCSC 10 Steps to Cyber Security
• Good consulting skills and ability to communicate with stakeholders at all levels
• Deep technical knowledge in order to articulate business and cybersecurity risk
• A breadth of knowledge of cyber platforms - Vulnerability Management tooling, Malware Defence, Identity and Access Management, Security Incident Event Management, Encryption Technologies, Secure Software Lifecycle and the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
• Good knowledge and understanding of information risk concepts and principles
• Knowledge of IT, network security, Windows and Linux platforms
You may also have:
• Good knowledge of cloud platforms - AWS, Oracle
• Experience of working on bids and procurements
• Formal cybersecurity certification - CISSP, SSCP, CISM
We want you to love what you do. That’s why our benefits package rewards a job well done. We’ll give you:
• Salary – Up to £48,000
• Performance-related bonus
• Competitive pension
• 37-hour working week with flexitime
• 25 days annual leave – plus bank holidays and an extra 3 over Christmas
• A wide range of additional benefits including free parking, paid volunteer day, sports/social activities and more
Location: This role will be based in Southampton.
Closing date: Sunday 1st September 2019