Purpose of the Role
• To provide high quality nursing care to residents
• To work as a member of the nursing team, carrying out all relevant forms of care in conjunction with other nurse practitioners
• To ensure that care services are consistently provided to a high quality standard ensuring the personal care needs of residents, are met while respecting the dignity of the individual and promoting independence.
• To assistant in the nursing care of the residents physical environment and in the general day-day activities of the Home.
• Maintain and improve professional knowledge and competence. Keep professionally updated in all areas of client expertise.
• Adhere to all appropriate NMC guidelines/regulations
• Maintain all logouts and record as required by both the Registering Authority and the company
• Assist in the arrangements for fund raising
• Ensure the security of the home is maintained at all times
• Adhere to all company policies and procedures within the defined timescales
• To act as a mentor to new staff and less experienced members of staff, providing relevant training/coaching, communication
• To professionally represent the Home in all dealing with individuals and external contacts
• To maintain personal contacts with residents through individual and group discussion /interaction direct or indirect supervision from qualified staff
• Maintain good relationships and an empathetic and professional approach to residents, and relatives
• Experience of communicating effectively with residents, partners, stakeholders and other relevant bodies
Skills and Attributes Required
• Proven experience of working in a care setting
• RMN qualification (desirable but not essential)
• Ability to show empathy, understanding and experience of the needs of the client group
• Ability to make balanced, clear and timely decisions
• IT skills