Registered Home Manager (Registered Nurse)
Crawley, West Sussex
Our client is looking for an experienced Registered Manager for their care home in Crawley. This position requires the appropriate candidate to be a Registered General Nurse or Registered Learning Disabilities Nurse.
The right candidate will be expected to:
- Manage all aspects of the Home within the agreed budget allocation.
- Be responsible for the development both in terms of philosophy of care and business management to enable the Home to meet the requirements of the Care Quality Commission.
- Lead a multi-disciplinary team and enable/ensure that individual programmes of care are developed, executed and evaluated for each service user.
- Be responsible for staffing of the home, ensuring that the needs of the service users are met.
- Lead the team carrying out assessments of individual care need.
- Planning the management of care within the Home.
- Be the first point of contact for out of hours issues.
- Ensure that the home is managed in accordance with the requirements of the Health and Social Act 2008 (Regulated Activities) Regulations 2012.
- Act at all times in accordance with legislation associated with care establishments and ensure that the highest standard of appropriate care is always provided.
- Be conversant with and adhere to the policies and procedures in the Sussex Health Care manual.
- Ensure that staffing levels are planned to meet the needs of the service users whilst working within an agreed allocated budget.
- Recruit and select all grades of staff, ensuring that the trained staff have current PIN numbers and that satisfactory references and CRB checks are in place prior to appointment.
- Allocate roles and tasks within the Home to maintain an effective operation.
- Encourage other team members to bring ideas to fruition that will enhance the service user’s individual care.
- Ensure that current nursing practice is up to date; maintain an interest in current research.
- Carry out staff appraisals and recognise the training requirements of all staff.
- Hold 2 monthly staff meetings for all staff members.
The right candidate must:
- Hold a current PIN number.
- Hold a Registered Managers Award.
- Have completed an NVQ5 in Management.
- Be an RGN or RNLD qualified.
- Has nursing experience which includes care for the relevant service user group.
- Be able to demonstrate a knowledge of recruiting and training staff.
- Have at least one year of successful management or supervisory experience.
- Have experience of co-ordinating staff rotas.
- Posses the ability to evaluate service users’ care and act accordingly if untoward changes occur.
- Be able to demonstrate the ability to provide leadership, to motivate and provide guidance to staff.
- Have experience of recording accurate care plans.
- Have knowledge of health and safety in the workplace.
- Have high levels of verbal and written communication skills.
- Have experience of establishing relationships with other health professionals; including GP’s and Social Workers.
- Possess practical experience of providing high quality care and exceeding expectations.
- Have the ability to motivate and work within a team.
- Be able to manage, develop and review budget.
- Have a knowledge of marketing, sales and promotion of care services.
- Be familiar with the requirements of the Health and Social Act 2008 (Regulated Activities) Regulations 2012.
- Have experience of managing disciplinary meetings
- Have experience of person centered planning.
This is a full time position, and the right candidate will be expected to work as part of an on call rota.