I am excited to be working with an expanding Civil Engineering and Construction company, who are currently seeking a Junior Quantity Surveyor to join their friendly team. My client is offering a Salary of £20,000 to £30,000 depending on experience. The Successful candidate will be based in their head office in Romsey.
Key Skills and Qualifications:
- Qualified or working towards a HND/HNC or similar in Quantity Surveying
- Must be flexible and able to work as part of a team and using own initiative
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent organiser with good time management skills
- Ability to use a range of IT packages including Microsoft Office and bespoke packages
- Literate and Numerate
- Eager to join a company where they will be able to carve themselves a long and rewarding career
- Ability to work to deadlines
- Sufficient Construction experience
Quantity Surveyor Key Responsibilities:
- Support the project team
- Liaise with the site teams
- Ensure timely submission of valuations
- Ensure cash flow is maximised including ensuring payments are received on time
- Ensure the accurate and timely evaluation and agreement of final quantities, revised and additional items, rates and compensation events
- Identify additional entitlement under the contract including the monitoring of daily records
- Identify and realise opportunities to maximise cost/value management.
- Preparation of accurate and timely monthly valuation reports.
- Measure and assess the work undertaken and then submit detailed, accurate and timely applications