We are seeking for our independent client a Quantity Surveyor to join their growing team.
The successful quantity surveyor will manage costs relating to building and civil engineering projects, from the initial calculations to the final figures. You will seek to minimise the costs of a project and enhance value for money, while still achieving the required standards and quality. This includes ensuring statutory building regulations are met.
As a quantity surveyor, you will be involved in a project from the start, preparing estimates and costs of the work. When the project is in progress, you'll keep track of any variations to the contract that may affect costs and create reports to show profitability.
To successfully carry out your role, you'll need to:
- prepare tender and contract documents, including bills of quantities with the architect and/or the client;
- undertake cost analysis for repair and maintenance project work;
- assist in establishing a client's requirements and undertake feasibility studies;
- perform risk, value management and cost control;
- advise on a procurement strategy;
- identify, analyse and develop responses to commercial risks;
- prepare and analyse costings for tenders;
- allocate work to subcontractors;
- provide advice on contractual claims;
- analyse outcomes and write detailed progress reports;
- value completed work and arrange payments;
- maintain awareness of the different building contracts in current use;
- understand the implications of health and safety regulations.
The ideal candidate will be 1-2 years experience within a previous quantity surveyor position