Our Client, a New Zealand owned company with state-of-the-art manufacturing facilities located in Dundee, undertakes manufacturing for Global and Local organisations specialising in Animal Health products.
An excellent opportunity has become available for an experienced Production Team Leader to join the business.
Within this role, you will be responsible for managing and developing a shift operations team, machinery and material so that production targets are achieved in accordance with standard operating procedures, quality requirements, GMP and H&S compliance.
Key responsibilities include although are not limited to:
- Directing Operator workload and activities for the Shift team covering dispensing, manufacture, fill and label and pack operations.
- Maintaining excellent communication with shift team ensuring all plant changes and process status are fully understood by all relevant parties
- Ensuring Process Instructions, SOP’s and GMP are strictly followed at all times and that documentation is completed accurately during the process and correctly signed
- Being responsible for control of equipment set up, maintenance and cleaning as per SOP’s
- Leading or appointing an appropriate delegate, to ensure Root Cause Analysis is completed as required and appropriate corrective and preventative action (CAPA) is developed
- Ensuring safe and compliant management of safe systems of work
- Ensuring compliance with all risk assessments, COSH data sheets and that approved Personal Protective Equipment, including clothing, is worn by all when required
- Leading, coaching and training shift teams to ensure competency and that business objectives are met
- Ensuring that Factory security is maintained at all times, which includes opening and locking of the factory during shift working hours
- Being responsible for Warehouse operators and associated activities present on Site outside office hours
- Deputising for the Production Manager when required
The ideal Production Team Leader will:
- Hold relevant Production experience in a GMP environment
- Have a proven track record in leading both small and large multi-disciplined teams through strong people management and communication skills
- Hold the ability to multi-task and adapt to changing business requirements in dynamic manufacturing / corporate environment
- Technical writing skills e.g. reports; SOPs
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated continuous improvement mindset.
- Ideally hold a manufacturing pharmaceutical background, however this is not essential
- Ideally hold Lean Management and Six Sigma experience, however this is desirable but not essential
The Production Team Leader will work shifts on a weekly rotation of 06:00 - 14:00 and 13:45 - 21:45 while receiving a competitive package which is negotiable based on experience.