The company has been designing and manufacturing bespoke hydraulic cylinders for over 60 years. Within the company there exists a core of highly skilled, experienced, loyal and committed individuals many of which have been with the company for a number of years. An opportunity has arisen within the business for an experienced production planner to join our team.
The role will compromise of working closely with he production manager to manage the scheduling of the production floor by planning and organising all tasks. You will maintain an excel production plan ensuring production orders are carefully scheduled to satisfy delivery promises made to our customers. As a production planner you will be hands on to ensure that the planning, control and admin activities are fulfilled within a timely manner whilst creating a realistic production plan and issuing work to the production floor staff. Whilst using the excel production plan your role will also be to work towards implementing and MRP system to replace these. This role is an exciting opportunity and ideal for somebody looking for a long-term future within a company moving forward.
Job skills and requirements.
- Production planning/scheduling experience within a manufacturing environment.
- Experience with MRP Systems
- IT Literate
- The ability to communicate well with people at all levels
- Strong organisational and problem-solving skills
- Appreciation of manufacturing techniques
- Ability to manage your own workload and self-manage tasks
- Flexible and adaptable approach with the ability to prioritise and adapt to changing environments and demands.
- Ability to initiate changes and improvements to the planning process.