Process Improvement Engineer
Circa £25-£30k (negotiable dependent on experience) + benefits
The world's leading innovator and manufacturer of nickel-based superalloys with 100+ years of history and experience in their niche industry - is now seeking to appoint a Process Improvement Engineer.
Reporting to the Technical Lead, the Process Improvement Engineer will provide technical support, identify and implement improvements in manufacturing processes to optimise process performance and capability.
- Provide support for process performance and product quality
- Carry out root cause analysis, identify and record sources of ‘special cause’ events and process variation that adversely affect process performance and product quality
- Working with the Manager to report agreed key performance indicators relating to department performance against targets
- Review production systems and processes to ensure adherence with Standard Operating Practices and ensure any deviations are brought to the attention of the process owner/operator
- Create or modify standard operating procedures as required to help improve product conformance to specification and process capability
- Attend training sessions in order to develop relevant knowledge and skills for continuous improvement
- Support New Product Development initiatives under the supervision of the Product Development Manager
- Ensure all activities are carried out in accordance with Company Environmental Policy and Health and Safety Policy procedures at all times
APPLICANT MINIUMUM REQUIREMENTS
- BA (Hons) or MEng in a field such as Metallurgy, Mechanical or Materials Engineering
- Previous experience in engineering or technical roles in a manufacturing environment
- Confident decision-making ability and high attention to detail
- Excellent communication, organisational and computer skills
- Drive, enthusiasm and self-motivation
- A comprehensive knowledge of relevant legal regulations
This role would suit someone who has worked in a similar manufacturing process improvement role before, or a recent graduate with practical experience (a year in industry) within a manufacturing or engineering environment.
PACKAGE: £25,000 - £30,000 (negotiable dependent upon experience), quarterly bonuses + pension scheme, life insurance, 33 days annual leave (including bank holidays). Employer of choice with outstanding prospects
Applications in writing to our retained search consultant. No agencies please. In view of the sometimes overwhelming number of applications received, it may not always be possible for us to respond to each one individually. If you do not hear from us within 5 working days, it should be assumed that on this occasion your application has not been successful.