An opportunity for an PR & Content Account Manager has risen to join one of Birmingham's longest standing PR and Marketing agencies, based in Edgbaston, Birmingham.
This is an exciting time to join the business, as they have won a number of new contracts resulting in the business expanding.
As a PR & Content Account Manager, you will be:
* Devise, plan, execute and manage PR and content strategies for a variety of clients and projects. On defined accounts, this includes acting as the strategic lead with responsibility for understanding client aims, KPIs and objectives as well as their competitive landscape
* Research, plan and create a detailed schedule of activity for each campaign (including PR/content/social media plans) and ensure that all work is completed within budget and invoiced correctly and in a timely manner
* Undertake account handling responsibility, including project management, monitoring metrics - both EAV and social - and compiling accurate and insightful reports and data to present to and share with clients at scheduled and ad hoc meetings to ensure work is progressing satisfactorily, objectives are being fulfilled and opportunities are being seized
* Research and write a full suite of high quality material, including editorial, thought leadership features and proposals, website copy, speech writing, presentations, newsletters and social media content
* Participate in and support the business development programme (domestic and internationally), through developing ideas for new business generation, attending initial meetings and leading pitches and presentations to achieve a minimum conversion rate of 1:3
* Work alongside the agency's marcomms and digital and social teams, integrating PR initiatives into their strategies where appropriate
* Contribute fully to the agency's development and success through 'PR ambassadorship', taking every opportunity to promote the agency's work and establish thought leadership status and supporting the agency's own brand promotion (PR & content programme)
* Build and maintain an in-depth knowledge of (and effective partnership with) the media through regular liaison and pro-active relationship building
* To coach and mentor any member of staff directly allocated to the post-holder's responsibility
* To travel for the company both nationally and internationally as required
As the PR & Content Account Manager within the PR and Marketing industry, you will have:
* A strong customer focus together with well-developed PR account handling skills - organisational and project management - gained in a similar client facing role, ideally within a B2B agency setting
* Strong interpersonal and communications skills and the ability to liaise effectively with clients, journalists, bloggers and influencers
* Exposure to crisis management PR
* Good knowledge of social media platforms including - but not limited to - Pinterest, Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn
* Able to write effectively and produce compelling content across a full mix of work, to include the creation of technical content (white papers, features etc.)
* Strong team-working skills and the ability or potential to lead and direct the work of other team members
* A quick learner with a proven ability to maintain high standards - even when working under high pressure
* The ability to multi-task and prioritise workloads in a fast-moving, deadline driven and pressurised environment
* Degree educated and/or professionally qualified
Based in Edgbaston, Birmingham, your hours of work are Monday to Thursday 8:45am - 5:30pm and Friday 8:45am - 5:00pm. For all your hard work, you will receive a salary of between £27,000 - £32,000 per annum depending upon experience.
Alongside this, you will receive fantastic benefits such as 33 days holiday including the Bank Holidays, a day off for your birthday, Christmas shut down, 1/2 a day per year to take for "me time", monthly social events, Christmas and Summer party, chocolate Fridays, childcare vouchers, pension scheme, free car parking and the opportunity to work for a well established and expanding PR and Marketing agency.
For more information, contact Claire on 0121 360 6000.