NEW OPPORTUNITY - Plant Engineer – Hydraulics
Heavy Industrial Manufacturing
£45,000 - £59,000 negotiable dependant upon experience + bonus, benefits and more….
NOTE: WE WILL CONSIDER APPLICATIONS FROM INDIVIDUALS with less experience that can progress into this role (in such circumstances, the salary will reflect the skills and experience accordingly)
A new opportunity has arisen to join this world leading manufacturer, producing components for the aerospace, automotive and energy markets. As a group, we employ nearly 32,000 people in 15 countries. We insist on quality, not just in the materials and processes we use, but also in the people we employ. Despite our size, those who work with us are recognised, respected and rewarded - you will never just be "a number" or get lost in the crowd. This role will suit someone keen to find an exciting opportunity in a business that offers genuine, realistic and proven career progression by means of succession planning - we are looking for someone with drive and ambition.
Role Outline: Reporting to the Engineering Manager, you will have the responsibility for plant availability, reliability and effectiveness. This includes recognition of, and development for future improvements alongside ongoing and preventative maintenance requirements and the day to day management for the reliability of equipment on site.
As the Plant Engineer for the Forge Department, you will:
- Ensure that equipment is running safely and effectively
- Ensure sufficient plans are in place to ensure future reliability of the Plant
- Investigate and reduce recurring issues to maximise uptime
- Complete regular reviews of Preventative and Planned Maintenance
- Ensure safe working through method statements and risk assessments (RAMS)
- Implement process improvements
- Control engineering spend
- Ensure sufficient spares to minimise downtime
- Understand and comply with environmental and safety legislation
- Liaise closely with Maintenance and Operations departments to maximise opportunities during Plant downtime
- Identify cost savings through Plant improvement and energy savings
- Degree/HNC in a relevant engineering discipline
- Previous experience in a heavy industrial manufacturing environment
- Ability to communicate at a technical level with peers and external subject matter experts
- Understanding/experience of hydraulic systems and pneumatic systems
WE WILL CONSIDER APPLICATIONS FROM INDIVIDUALS with less experience that can progress into this role (in such circumstances, the salary will reflect the skills and experience accordingly)
About the Salary & Benefits: £45,000 - £59,000 (negotiable dependant upon experience) - discretionary bonus (around 8% per annum) paid on individual and company performance, 26 days leave (+ 8 Bank & statutory holidays), pension (employee and employer contributions up to 8%), Private Health and Dental Care, other schemes including childcare vouchers etc. Working hours are 8.30am to 4.30pm – Monday to Friday.