A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a Payroll Supervisor based in Walsall to support a thriving Payroll team. This is an opportunity to work for a well-established company on a temporary basis for 8 weeks with no car parking fees!
Founded in the 1800's, you will be working for a large utilities company who supplies to 1.3m people and approximately 35,000 commercial customers throughout the Midlands and surrounding area!
As the Payroll Supervisor, you will be:
* Supervising the Payroll team ensuring that all processes are executed effectively
* Efficiently resolving payroll issues, recognising and implementing improvements to processes
* Taking sole responsibility for multiple payrolls
* Co-ordinating payroll BACS transmissions, General Ledger Interfaces and post payroll reports
* Uploading e-payslips, e-P60's, and e-P11d's onto e-pay portal
* Co-ordinating the Pension auto re-enrolment process for the Group enrolment
* Reconciling all statutory and voluntary deductions to strict deadlines
* Filing statutory and regulatory returns i.e. HMRC Real Time Information and Pensions
* Covering for the Group Payroll Manager as and when required
* Conducting work planning, estimation and prioritisation to optimise performance of team
* Working with the Payroll Manager to define standards and reusable approaches for Payroll operations
* Managing effective internal and external client relationships and building client relationships in the wider group or unit
As the Payroll Supervisor, you will have:
* Extensive up to date knowledge and application of statutory legislation, pension regulations, manual calculations
* Experience in a supervisory or management role in a busy payroll office
* Experience of running parallel payrolls, data migration, process mapping, user acceptance testing etc.
* Strong problem solving skills
* Ability to build relationships and operate cross functionally externally
* Strong IT skills in Microsoft Excel
* Ability to positively persuade and influence others
* Ideally CIPP qualified
* Knowledge of the Cyborg payroll system is desirable
* A valid UK driving license is required as there will be a requirement to travel
The Payroll Supervisor will receive a salary of circa £27,000 per annum.