To work alongside and together with the Financial Planners and the Client Support team to provide the client with a positive professional experience, offering highly technical and qualified knowledge and ongoing assistance.
Preparing and maintaining the client file
• Identify and collect any outstanding relevant quantitative information required to compile a financial plan.
• Check all compliance paperwork is present.
• Confirm client’s risk profile.
• Discuss and establish client objectives with the Planner.
• Identify and obtain the information necessary to compile a financial cash flow forecast.
• Compile draft net worth statement; income and expenditure statements and financial cash flow forecast and discuss with the Financial Planner.
• Identify areas for planning.
• Undertake research both independently and with the Financial Planner to identify suitable solutions to meet the client’s needs.
• Prepare information/comparisons for analysis and further discussion with the Planner.
• Liaise with the client’s legal and tax advisers if necessary.
• Consider current and future allocation of assets for investment strategy with regard to client’s risk profile and their objectives.
• Prepare draft recommendation reports to be discussed/signed off by the Financial Planner.
• Prepare suitability letters in accordance with the agreed recommendations and in cooperation with the Report Writing team where applicable.
• Complete application/proposals forms where required.
• Ensure all compliance paperwork is in order.
• Liaise with the Client Support team to ensure any recommendations are correctly implemented.
• Act as a main point of contact and deal effectively with queries from clients and other parties through effective communication.
• Establish and build strong relationships with clients and attend client meetings with the Financial Planner if required.
• Organise and help the Planner prepare for future planning meetings with the client.
• Review client’s investments, asset allocation, risk profile etc. on an ongoing basis alongside the Financial Planner and in line with client’s objectives.
• At least five years’ relevant experience within a financial services role, ideally in a financial planning practice environment. Broad and current knowledge of financial services and financial planning.
• 5 GSCE’s or equivalent. Minimum QCF Level 4 Qualified (i.e. CII Diploma in Regulated Financial Planning or ifs Diploma for Financial Advisers or equivalent) and working towards QCF Level 6. CII Certificate in Paraplanning or IFP Accredited Paraplanner designation will be an advantage.
• Excellent interpersonal skills, both oral and written.
• Confident and self-assured with a positive approach to change, ability to remain calm and work well under pressure.
• Detailed and accurate in every aspect of the role.
• Excellent report writing, problem solving and decision making skills.
• Good knowledge of Microsoft Office/IT skills.
• Working knowledge of Iress, Financial Express Analytics and Voyant/Moneyscope cash flow systems.
• Good planning and organisational skills, with the ability to organise and prioritise workloads.
• Proactive and flexible in their approach to work and willing to go the extra mile.