Working closely with the Financial Advisers and Client Support team, the overall purpose of your role will be to provide a highly competent professional service to private clients and businesses, offering broad and current technical and qualified knowledge financial services knowledge, as well as ongoing day to day support.
As part of this privately-owned firm, that enjoy a very good reputation in the market, it is essential you enjoy accuracy, precise working, and ensuring a client’s expectations are not only met but exceeded. This is a "can do" office where nothing is too much for a client to ask so it is essential that you are comfortable in your own skin and are confident to approach change positively, remaining calm under pressure. Due to the volume of report writing and letter and email correspondence, strong written English skills are vital.
This key role will be responsible for:
- Building and nurturing relationships with new and existing clients
- Preparing and maintaining the client file
- Acting as a main point of contact with clients, dealing with all day to day queries
- Discussing and establishing client objectives and researching suitable solutions to meet their needs
- Preparing draft recommendations for sign off and implementing recommendations
- Confirming a client’s risk profile and ensuring all compliance paperwork is in order
- Identifying and collecting any outstanding relevant quantitative information required to compile a financial plan
- Prepare information/comparisons for analysis and further discussion with the Adviser
- Identifying and obtaining the information necessary to compile a financial cash flow forecast
- Compiling draft net worth statement; income and expenditure statements and financial cash flow forecast and discuss with the Financial Adviser
- Liaise with the client’s legal and tax advisers if necessary
- Consider current and future allocation of assets for investment strategy with regard to client’s risk profile and their objectives
- Review client’s investments, asset allocation, risk profile etc. on an ongoing basis alongside the Financial Adviser and in line with client’s objectives
- Maintaining effective ongoing relationship with Professional Introducers
- TCF - Treating Customers Fairly - pay due regard to the interests of our clients and treat them fairly in line with company TCF Mission Statement
- Operating within company designated compliance procedures and the relevant FCA rules
Qualifications and capabilities:
- Five year's relevant experience within a financial services role, ideally in a financial planning practice environment
- 5 GSCE’s or equivalent. Minimum QCF Level 4 Qualified (i.e. CII Diploma in Regulated Financial Planning or IFS Diploma for Financial Advisers or equivalent) and working towards QCF Level 6. CII Certificate in Paraplanning or IFP Accredited Paraplanner designation will be an advantage.
- Working knowledge of Iress, Selectapension, O&M, Cashcalc and Intelliflo systems