This is a key role in the team accountable for providing advice, guidance and coaching management in the fair and consistent application of company polices in line with statutory and legal requirements and to drive best practice.
- Key contact for factory management and production teams providing support advice and guidance where appropriate.
- New starter medicals, long term sick reviews and capability reviews.
- Effective health surveillance including audiometry and vision screening.
- Occasional night worker assessments.
- Reviewing Occupational Health activity and protocols to ensure they reflect best practice, business objectives and client standards.
- Work closely with Health and Safety Manager and assist in accident investigation and reduction programs.
- Assist and advise on rehabilitation and resettlement of employees after illness and injury.
- Contribute to and become actively involved in health promotion campaigns.
- Oversee first aid and first aider activity.
- Registered General Nurse (RGN) qualification is essential.
- Previous Occupational Health experience essential
- Experience working in a manufacturing environment but this is not essential.
- Have a collaborative approach to Occupational Health and be able to communicate well and build relationships
- Comfortable working on your own initiative in a fast paced, challenging environment.
If you want to be an Occupational Health Nurse for the UK’s biggest selling food manufacturer and want to make the most of this amazing opportunity please contact S2 who recruit for IT and Executive roles nationwide.