|Job Title:||NPD Technologist|
|Salary:||27000 - 32000|
|Contact Name:||Jo Richardson|
|Job Published:||2 days ago|
|TEAM Member Emailfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|TEAM Member Phone Number||0115 972 6513|
|Member Contact||Jo Richardson|
|Contact Phone Number||0115 972 6513|
|Approximate Total Fee:|
|Split Fee Terms:|
- Are you passionate about food innovation?
- Do you want to work in a business where you can influence and shape the future of product innovation?
- Can you use your own initiative and roll your sleeves up when required to do so?
If so, we’d love to hear from you as our client is looking to recruit an NPD Technologist to join their Food Manufacturing business based in Suffolk.
Reporting into the Category Manager, you will work as part of a team to develop and manage a range of products for the UK’s major food retailers from samples through to launch, whilst building strong external and internal business relationships.
Key responsibilities for the NPD Technologist:
- Develop new products and processes in response to customer briefs to maintain and grow a creative catalogue of products for customers.
- Working to a critical path plans, organises and controls resources to deliver products and processes to an agreed quality and timescale.
- Work as part of the NPD and Category Team to challenge factory capabilities, continuing to drive sales.
- Always be fully up to speed in understanding the latest food trends and effectively communicate this across the wider business to ensure that the business is market leading in innovation.
- Make and despatch a huge amount of samples each week to customers.
And what skills do you need for the role of NPD Technologist?
- Whilst a degree in Food Science or Food related subject isn’t essential, experience of working within NPD (fresh or chilled) is vital.
- You must have worked with the major supermarkets previously and have the confidence to present food innovation & trends, as well as manage products from concept through to launch.
- You must love food, be naturally inquisitive about food trends and have the confidence to be in a customer facing role.
- You have to be adaptable as one minute you could be writing a presentation for a customer, then next minute you’re in a kitchen with your sleeves rolled up making samples
- Because of the location of this business, you will need your own transport as the location is remote.
This really is a great business where you can drive innovation as well as sales. In a factory where there is plenty of capacity, who’s to say that different categories aren’t the future as well! So if you’re a budding NPD Technologist, this could be the job that shapes your career so please get in touch!
Salary: £28,000 - £30,000
Job Reference: JR11260