Our Client, a salmon farm operator based in Uist, has an opportunity available to appoint an experienced Mechanical Fitter to join their team.
The Mechanical Fitter will report in to the Engineering Manager with key responsibilities to include:
- Maintaining professional relationships with legislative bodies and suppliers as required by the Line Manager.
- Reporting any non-conformances of equipment operation to Engineering Manager.
- Maintaining designated work place in a tidy and fit state to facilitate effective and efficient working practices.
- Working to agreed cost and performance targets.
- Being aware of and suggesting new measures to reduce costs in all areas.
- Keeping records of all works carried out using maintenance system advised by Engineering Manager.
- Complying with Health and Safety.
The Mechanical Fitter will be responsible for the maintenance, repair and specification of all equipment at our Client’s Sites and specifically:
- Maintain and repair all equipment and machinery as required.
- Ensure that all boats and lifting equipment meet the standards required by the company and regulation.
- Advise on the purchase of new equipment, as and when required.
- Assisting with moorings work when needed and liaising with Engineering Manager / Area Manager.
- Maintain all Motor Vehicles to MOT standard at all times.
The successful candidate will be a time served and certified Mechanical Fitter with a strong background within a maintenance based role.
The Mechanical Fitter will work full time hours and receive a pay rate which is negotiable on experience.
This position will initially be working on a temporary basis although for the right candidate there is the opportunity of this position becoming permanent.