Mechanical Design Engineer. We are working exclusively with a Motorsport / Automotive manufacturer based south of Coventry. This is a scientifically ground breaking and highly technical company who are growing at a fast rate. The successful Mechanical Design Engineer will have a vast amount of experience designing Air Bearings - will consider perm or contract.
Mechanical Design Engineer duties include:
- Designing air bearing for rotating machines
- Generate conceptual designs based on technical specifications
- Prepare manufacturing drawings and liaise with suppliers to ensure quality and resolve manufacturing issues
- The Mechanical Design Engineer will participate in the creation of functional specifications, DVP, FMEA.
- Assist the engineering team in build, test and commissioning activities.
Mechanical Design Engineer criteria:
- The candidate would have to have several years experience working with air bearings and designing them; ideally aerodynamic air bearings
- Strong 3D CAD (Solidworks preferred) and 2D drawing skills. Geometric dimensioning and tolerance.
- Must have own transport due to location
Hours of Work: Permanent Days, Monday - Friday.
Benefits: Interesting, bespoke technical work, Free Parking, Progression, Overtime (depending on business needs,) Pension.