- Operate machine shop equipment including lathes, vertical borers, and surface grinders for both conventional and CNC.
- Manufacture component parts to assist in assemble/disassemble rotating equipment in line with engineering instructions.
- Interpretation of technical drawings and the ability to follow and complete jobs per engineering instructions.
- Perform quality checks including concentricity, alignment, mechanical and electrical run-out.
- Steam clean and/or shot-blast equipment in preparation work.
- Inspect and assemble sub-contract machined components to final specification.
- Use hand tools to rectify small local defects.
- Undertake suitable training for the safe operation of mobile equipment, including over-head cranes, and forklift trucks.
- Support Field service personnel in the workshop when required.
- Recognised qualification in mechanical engineering and or relevant engineering apprenticeship.
- Good engineering skills and experience in conventional machining (Turning, Boring and Drilling machines)
- A willingness to learn and develop new technical skills to become a well-rounded technician.
- Good problem-solving skills and a creative approach for new ideas.
- Must be comfortable working in a service environment consistently working to strict deadlines and changing priorities.
- Strong interpersonal skills within a developing team environment
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Salary £30k – £32k per annum
- Working hours Monday to Friday 8am–5pm
- Free onsite parking
- Company pension scheme
- 25 days plus 8 bank holidays
- Private Health Care