On behalf of our prestigious client, Curtis Recruitment is seeking an experienced Management Accountant to work in the outsourcing department at the client’s office in St Albans.
The main function of the Management Accountant will be to prepare monthly and quarterly management accounts and balance sheet reconciliations.
On a day-to-day basis, your responsibilities will include:
- The preparation of monthly management accounts and balance sheet reconciliations on Sage for clients in the service industry
- Preparing posting and reviewing monthly journals
- Preparing monthly management accounts commentary and dealing with ad-hoc queries from clients in relation to those accounts
- Overseeing the work of a bookkeeper assigned to assist with specific clients
- Assisting other members of the department when required
- Deal with any queries which may arise from partners/staff within the firm
To be considered for this exciting role, you will be a highly numerate, qualified or part-qualified ACA, ACCA, CIMA, AAT or qualified by experience accountant with at least two years’ experience within a similar role. You will be fully conversant with Excel to produce reports and have an excellent working knowledge of Sage, Quickbooks and Xero.
Personal attributes of the Management Accountant will include:
- A logical and systematic approach with an acute attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills
- Computer literate
- Flexibility with the ability to meet deadlines
- Motivated self-starter
In return, this well-established firm offers a competitive salary, depending upon experience, 23 days’ annual leave, a friendly working environment, pension and the benefit of DIS.