We are seeking an experienced Maintenance Team Leader / Supervisor to join a global logistics company based at a new automated-distribution centre for a well-known, blue chip grocery company in Central / East London. The site will be providing a direct home delivery service for online grocery orders.
The logistics company is a on a high growth rate and further blue chip customers and sites are coming in the next months and years.
Seeking an experienced and preferably multi skilled Maintenance Team Leader / Supervisor desirably electrical biased to work on a Perm Night Shift (Mon to Fri). For the first few months the role will be on days whilst the site is set up and opened (approx. 3rd Qtr 2016).
The role of Maintenance Team Leader will see you managing a team of 5 Multi skilled Engineers and you should have experience of running a small team of Maintenance Engineers in a busy logistics / FMCG / manufacturing environment.
- Bonus of £3K (subject to targets)
- Pension scheme
- Child care vouchers
- Monday to Friday (Perm Night shift)
Skills & Experience Required:
- Applicants should ideally be ONC / HNC or equivalent and have proven industry experience in a logistics or Fast Moving Consumer Goods (FMCG) environment
- Mechanical and Electrical skills
- Experience of HR duties and appraisals and discipline etc
- Management and ‘hands on’ element to role
- Reading Electrical schematics
- Maintain and repair on a variety of controls systems including Siemens S7, HMI’s
- Conveying systems - Tote and Pallet conveyors
- Automatic Storage and Retrieval Systems - Crane Systems, Carousel Systems.
- Other associated Material Handling Equipment MHE systems; Goods lifts, Elevators, Stackers, Palletisers etc.
Education - Essential
- Recognised apprenticeship in electrical or electronics engineering discipline.
- Recognised cross training from Electrical to Mechanical Engineering
- Minimum NVQ 3 / ONC / HNC level qualification in an appropriate engineering discipline.
- Qualified to IEE Wiring Regulations 16th Edition.
- Qualified to IEE Wiring Regulations 17th Edition.
- Health & Safety qualifications
- Other PLC and controls training courses
- Siemens S7 training