Our client a highly successful manufacturer, producing plastic injection moulded products and components for a niche market, an extensive and high quality product range for their chosen sector require an experienced Maintenance / Engineering Manager, you must have a strong background and a proven track record within the plastic injection moulding industry.
You need to have a recognised engineering apprenticeship qualifications (Electrical & Mechanical) along with experience in Injection moulding and automation. Robotics experience preferred. PLC experience expected.
You will have a proven fault finding background with good electronic, mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic skills. You will be part of a team supporting production priorities looking to improve machine efficiencies in a continuous production environment.
Duties and responsibilities include:
• Designing maintenance strategies, procedures and methods (plant, machinery and automation)
• Planning and scheduling planned and unplanned work;
• Diagnosing breakdown problems;
• Carrying out safety inspections on machines and plant;
• Liaising with client departments and customers;
• Arranging specialist procurement of fixtures, fittings or components;
• Controlling maintenance tools, stores and equipment;
• Monitoring and controlling maintenance costs;
• Dealing with emergency and unplanned problems and repairs;
• Writing maintenance strategies to help with installation and commissioning guidelines.
• Mentor and developing junior technicians
• Knowledge of ISO and BRC systems would be an advantage
In return you will receive an excellent employment package with a progressive company, including a competitive salary and contributory pension scheme. This is a superb opportunity with a successful company with room for growth.