We are working with a growing Cardiff based software business. They are number one in their market looking after over 50% of the top 100 companies in their field. With a great office atmosphere, free parking and additional benefits. This is a great role for an experienced Java Developer to extend their knowledge and work within a company that is part of a £2 billion parent company.
You will lead a team of back end developers and will need to provide development skills to the team and specifically ‘back end’ new features and support in line with the team monthly sprints.
You will need to be a highly motivated individual with the drive to meet significant development demands and to develop personal skills to support the business in its strategic application goals as part of a £2 billion group company. Preferably with a minimum 3 years’ experience in a commercial business environment.
- Our platform is primarily Java-based, so strong Java and OOD skills are required
- A willingness to pro-actively research and use new libraries and projects as needed to add new platform capabilities to complete our roadmap.
- A solid grounding in how web-based server-side applications and databases work.
- Be comfortable working in a rapid iteration development cycle moving from prototype to production while engineering to a high level of quality, using leading automated testing techniques.
- Enjoy / understand the importance of working in all layers of the platform architecture - UI, business logic and persistence.
- Understand how to describe and design a system in terms of data structures and algorithms, in order to participate effectively in core design workshops.
- Be committed to writing the most efficient, scalable and robust code possible, and to continuously improve your ability in this area.
- Prior experience with Bayesian techniques and artificial neural networks is beneficial but is not strictly necessary. Allocating a % of time to support requirements
Key Performance Indicators
- Achievement of monthly development sprints
- Bugs and quality metrics on released code
- Delivery to agreed estimation
- Daily stand up on key objectives and completion of projects in Github repository
- To report as required to the development team leader
Skills & Experience
- Java and OOD
- Proven track record of achieving development targets and being active in the development team
- Solid interpersonal skills at all management levels
- Experience with Linux and NoSQL is also advantageous
- Good general education, ideally to degree standard
- Wide knowledge of the development tools
Career development opportunities
- To develop within the team to take on additional responsibilities and initiatives.
- Team Leader