IT Support Analyst – Office Based, Camberley in Surrey
£30-32k + benefits include pension and gym membership
This outstanding, award winning employer is now looking for additional team members to join the business as 1st, 2nd (possibly some 3rd) Line IT Support Analysts to be the crucial first client contact and ‘voice’ of the IT Support Team, looking after the needs of their impressive and expanding client list. This role will be predominantly office based.
This is a "vibrant, fast paced technology company who offer friendly and professional IT Support, Services and Solutions to businesses across Surrey, Berkshire and Hampshire", they bring corporate technology to the SME market – specialising in the provision of IT solutions from major global brands (such as Microsoft, HP and Cisco).
Based in modern, bright, stylish offices in Camberley, this is an at times demanding environment to work in, but always satisfying and genuinely great fun.
Reporting to the Support Team Leader, the IT Support Analyst duties include (but are not limited to):
- Answering calls that come into the Helpdesk in a friendly and proficient manner
- Giving empathetic and proactive support to users of varying skill levels and industry backgrounds, using the appropriate tech/non tech language, remotely over the telephone
- Updating and progressing outstanding incidents and providing regular feedback of call status to the client
- Call prioritisation and escalation of incidents and problems to the Support Manager
- Keeping incident records and client configuration data up to date
- This role is predominantly office based, using telephone and remote support tools.
- Very occasional visits to client sites may be necessary
IT Support Analyst, Experience & Skills:
- Proven IT Support experience including diagnosing, repairing and solving hardware, software, server and network related issues
- Proven remote support skills using an industry standard Incident Management Toolset (e.g. Connectwise, BMC, Remedy etc)
- Proven experience in a customer contact/facing role and excellent customer service and communication skills
- Ability to explain information in a professional manner to clients of differing levels of technical knowledge, from a wide variety of different industries
- A good understanding of incident management, problem management, change and configuration management
- Understanding of customer SLAs and KPIs
- Able to quickly learn in a fast-paced environment and demonstrate a genuine interest in new technologies
- Ability to work and remain calm under pressure
- Ability to schedule tasks, meet deadlines, work unsupervised and set/follow procedures
- Demonstrate accuracy and attention to detail in work, and a desire to ensure the highest standards are met and maintained
IT Support Analyst, Technical Knowledge
- Excellent level of experience of Windows 7/Windows 10 and Microsoft Office 2010/2013/2016
- Good level of experience with Office365 technologies (Exchange Online, SharePoint, OneDrive)
- Experience of Windows Server 2008, and Windows Server 2012, including Active Directory, File Permissions, DHCP/DNS services, Backup & Recovery and Group Policy
- Experience of Networking (Switches & Access Points) and Internet Connectivity solutions (Routers and Firewalls)
- Apple Mac (OSX) experience is desirable
- Mobile Device experience is desirable - e.g. iPhone, iPad, Android
- An Industry standard qualification e.g. Microsoft and Cisco (desirable)
- Any ITIL v3 qualification (desirable)
Pay and benefits: Salary (negotiable dependent upon experience) £30-32k per annum, pension and gym membership. Free parking local to site and some on site parking (first come first served). Working hours: Three patterns (some variance may be negotiable) as follows:- 8am– 4.30pm, 9 – 5.30pm and 9.30am - 6.00pm. We rotate these hours amongst the team and have a weekly shift rotation where possible.