IT Projects Manager
Great opportunity for a Head of IS / Programme delivery expert to work closely with the business and the CFO to develop and implement the IS strategy for this professional SME (80 staff). Although you will need good technical expertise, this is a business facing role which is all about communicating effectively as the interface between IT / IS and the rest of the organisation.
You will be engaging with senior managers to devise efficient solutions to business challenges and opportunities and be responsible for initiating, managing and overseeing all projects and change delivery. This will include management of a five strong IT Team, including objective setting and appraisals and also being responsible for the availability and performance of the business applications and the IT infrastructure.
· Develop and manage the ongoing IT strategy roadmap presenting to the management team as required
· Project and Programme management for the delivery of strategic and tactical change, ensuring a high class service provision to end users
· All aspects of man management ensuring cover for critical functions at all times.
· Applying project governance and ensuring project delivery on time and to quality standards
· Manage key suppliers, setting direction and managing expectations within the business
· Point for escalation of all matters relating to IT
· Defining budgets and capital expenditure requirements and their ongoing governance
· Managing supplier selection processes (ITT’s) where necessary
· Managing supplier spend vs performance to ensure value for money
· Ensuring high availability, performance and service levels for the company web site
· Maintaining and exercising core Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity plans
· Developing and managing SLA’s for support and development
· Supporting the CFO / IS Director
· 2-3 years holding a similar management position with overall responsibility for key IT services
· Direct man management experience, ideally across varied IT disciplines
· Strong stakeholder management skills and ability to build effective working relationships outside of IT
· Strong experience of software or infrastructure project delivery using waterfall or agile.
· Demonstrable experience of performing appraisals, effective career and performance management
· Good knowledge of infrastructure, Cloud and IaaS/PaaS strategies
· Experience of business analysis and change design
· Solid knowledge of software systems and managing the development lifecycle.
· Solid knowledge of Databases (Microsoft) ideally in a CRM context.
· Full transaction flow from website / Customer services, through CRM to Finance systems
In order to apply successfully for this opportunity, you will need the following Personal Strengths and Style;
· An adept and proactive communicator, able to deal with others with tact and good judgement. Responsible, inclusive and approachable.
· Gravitas to engage C level executives and influence decisions.
· Ability to focus on business outcomes rather than technology
· Strong leadership style gaining buy in and support from team members
· Several years IT experience, either from a software or hardware background
· Good supplier management skills able to negotiate and ensure the best deal for the company
· Practical hands on / can do attitude in keeping with a small company
Our client is happy to either take on a contract or permanent candidate to work in this role. If on a permanent basis, you will receive a competitive basic salary and 25 days holiday, along with a comprehensive range of benefits to employees as well as an engaging, professional and friendly working environment.