HGV Mechanic, Sawston - £30,000 per annum – Full Time
Our client operates its own specialised transport division complimented with a fleet of articulated tippers, rigid tippers, low loader service, hook loaders and volumetric concrete lorries to supply their construction and demolition sites with skips and materials sourced from their own 2-acre recycling yard based in Cambridge.
They are currently looking to recruit a HGV Mechanic to look after a small fleet of tipper lorries & arctic tippers to DVSA (formerly VOSA) standards. They run a modern fleet of excavators that would also require serving. In addition, the successful applicant will be looking after a number of vans as well as doing routine maintenance and servicing.
Duties to include:
- Experience maintaining heavy plant and equipment.
- Carry out routine maintenance and repairs on all makes of vehicles and trailers to VOSA standard, diagnosing and rectifying all types of faults
- Ability to work within guidelines given and to strict deadlines
- Ability to actively seek solutions to problems
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Good verbal communication skills
- Attend disabled vehicles at the roadside or at customer’s premises as required
- All job cards and service sheets are completed in a timely manner
- Maintain workshop and equipment
- Service and maintain equipment and parts
- Ensure Health & Safety regulations and safe working practices are adhered to
This position is interesting and varied and would suit someone who likes a challenge.
A company van will be supplied as there may be breakdowns away from the base to attend to but our client only works within a fairly local radius.
This is a full time role working 40 hours per week, with occasional over time as and when required.
If you have proven experience and skills to be able to fulfil this role successfully, then please do get in touch, you can email Clare@1ststoprecruitment.co.uk or call on 01440 763021