Hi everyone, I had filled this but the candidate has had a counter offer so if you have anyone we could make hopefully make a quick placement! Please help!!
Head of Financial Planning & Reporting
Reporting into the Financial Controller, this pivotal and developing role within the business is responsible for Financial Planning and Analysis and Management Accounting provision internally and to Group acting as the primary point of contact for all Group reporting requirements.
The role co-ordinates the Budgeting, Forecasting and Five year planning processes and weekly / monthly reporting across three areas:
- Industrial – All manufacturing operations with overhead costs c. £40m and direct costs of sale of c. £60m.
- Retail – Shop, Franchise, Digital and Corporate Gifting channels with combined Net Sales in excess of £100m
- FMCG - Export & Ingredients channels with combined Net Sales of £3m
Job Responsibilities include:
- The consolidation and submission to Group of weekly sales reports and estimates for the month, liaising with the Finance leads of the two commercial entities to provide appropriate commentary where necessary;
- Oversee the monthly accounting close process through to the generation and loading of entity level accounts, consolidation and reconciliation of results to core Oracle TB. In conjunction with the Financial and Taxation Accountant ensure consistency of this Management Accounting information with corresponding statutory data.
- Drive the annual Budgeting process through the senior Finance team with reference to Group reporting timelines and requirements, co-ordinating and providing consolidated analysis and presentation to Senior UK management. Ensure budget data is correctly loaded and reconciled in local (Oracle) and Group (HFM) systems;
- Oversee the annual Five Year Plan process, working closely with the respective entity Finance leads to present and ultimately load this abbreviated P&L into HFM;
- Drive the forecasting process in line with Group timetables to enable a full year view to be presented and loaded at a budget level of detail in HFM;
- Responsible for approving all capital investment projects and for ensuring that the Financial Teams provide reasonable challenge to the investment criteria, ensuring that investments are made on a sound basis and in accordance with Company Accounting policies. Co-ordinate relevant group reporting and loading requirements where necessary;
- Responsible for selecting, designing and implementing robust, accurate and easy to use reporting and analysis tools (e.g. XLCubed) across the business, ensure users are trained, and that the Finance teams are able to provide help and assistance as required by the business;
- Strong, qualified accountant with excellent analytical skills;
- Flexibility to adapt to fast changing business needs;
- Goal oriented and highly organised;
- The confidence to challenge, influence and interface effectively with peers and senior management;
- Ability to build relationships at all levels across the business and within the Group;
- Intelligent and able to synthesise complex issues;
- Commercially minded and able to deal with detail, but also to see the “big picture”;
- Experience of financial systems such as Oracle or SAP, and