This role is to lead the design, testing and production of hardware installation plates, brackets and cable assemblies. You will also be involved in hardware / software systems integration, equipment surveys on customer premises and customer communications. An attention to detail and good communications are essential for this role to ensure costs are kept to a minimum.
An excellent communicator, able to write detailed reports, construct wiring schematics, produce - alter wiring diagrams and build CAD models, including FEA, you will be an integral member of the UK team based in our Stirling Office, Scotland, working on projects in the UK and Europe.
- Conduct engineering activities
- Requirements Analysis
- Investigate Customer system hardware requirements
- Conduct surveys
- Design activities:
- Hardware Mounting Brackets
- Cable harness Design
- Wiring Schematics
- CAD design (Autodesk)
- Prepare Engineering Change Pack and get design approved by design authority
- Work with suppliers
- Oversee implementation
- First in Class testing
- System Acceptance testing
- Hardware installation Specifications drafting
- Track and document any design changes during First In Class
- Update internal and external design documents
- Update Customer VMI and training documentation to reflect final design
- Technical customer support
- Assist TTG staff in UK and Sydney with Customer issues.
- Visit customer premises to assist with support issues or staff training
- Monitor and suggest solutions to ongoing hardware / Integration issues
- Requirements Analysis
- Manage external sub-contractors including scoping work, managing quality control
- Qualified Mechanical / electronics engineer (University Degree)
- Knowledge in mechanical engineering and railway rolling stock
- Experience in stress analysis
- Understand quality requirements and industry standards for railway applications.
- Knowledge Electrical & electronic with radio system and wireless equipment (desirable).
- Communications, Specification development, testing analysis and Report Writing
- Railway domain knowledge
- Ability to manage contractors: comprehend subcontract scope, terms and technical requirements
Contract: Permanent Position based in Scotland
Salary range: 45k – 55k
Hours of work: 40 hrs per week
Reporting: Position reports to the Operations Director UK & Europe