- Internal Sales Engineer in Technical Sales based in Slough, Berkshire
- Currently could be working as an Intern, Trainee or be looking for that first job after University
- Sales experience would be ideal but is not required – a great attitude is!
- The industry background might be technical sales, or a pure engineering / technical role
- You must be keen to develop a career in commercial sales and be looking to learn a lot in this role by asking questions, getting stuck into the task and building relationships with colleagues.
- You will be an engineer by background and / or training and you will have a degree, HND / HNC or apprenticeship in a technical or engineering discipline. This must be electro-mechanical engineering of some sort, not IT.
Working in a very well-established company with a global client base, you will be dealing with incoming sales enquiries from new and existing customers. You will speak with clients, distributors and field based sales staff to help them with technical queries, to prepare quotes, to look for opportunities to upsell and generally help the wheels of the sales department turn very smoothly every day.
You may be thinking that you want to use your engineering training and / or experience in a more sociable environment. You may be working in a technical role now and find that you sell more than some of your sales colleagues because you have a great personality and your clients warm to you. You will be well-presented and have great communication skills – face to face, on the phone and written, because you will be sending a lot of emails and preparing a lot of documents such as quotes.
You must want to work in an office-based role that is based at a single site for most of the time. You will get opportunities to travel to shows and exhibitions occasionally but most days will be in the Slough office.
A bit about the company as I am sure you are wondering what they do.
They design, manufacture and sell their own products which are used in a variety of industrial settings. Their products are electro-mechanical with some chemical processes involved, plus some basic software controls. The company sells to clients worldwide, and also sells through distributors so you will need to be able to build relationships with your own clients and the companies that sell the products on your behalf. You will get a kick out of speaking to people across the globe and you will enjoy the variety and interest this brings to the role. Along with learning about the new products.
You speak a European language such as French, German or Spanish? Great – this will be a real bonus. Other languages could be helpful too but these are the ones used most often in the sales office.
Does this sound like you? Then please apply now. The company is waiting to take on the right person straight away and to start the training programme to give you the commercial skills you are looking for.