Financial Risk Analyst
Our client an established national commercial accountancy practice, are working alongside us here at Better People Ltd to source a proactive Financial Risk Analyst assist their dynamic team.
The Financial Risk Analyst will be a member of the Financial Risk team, which is responsible for developing, implementing, and monitoring an effective financial risk framework across the company.
- Prepare clear and compelling materials to explain risk issues to senior management, present results of analysis and inform discussions
- Coordinate and assist in preparation of materials for relevant committees
- Conduct ad hoc investigations and analysis as required
- Deliver agreed Financial Risk priorities
- Identify, assess, quantify, report, monitor and escalate as required risks throughout the firm
- Development and implementation of risk policies, risk tolerance limits and thresholds
- Liaise with external IT and assist in ensuring that the financial risk dashboard is always working correctly
Experience and Qualifications
- Educated to degree level or equivalent (ideally within a numerical / science subject)
- Previous experience in applying mathematical/statistical techniques to data would be advantageous
- ACA or ACCA part qualified
- Experience of using relevant software packages is desirable but not essential, i.e. SAS / SQL / Microsoft Office
- Knowledge of the Financial Services industry is desirable
- Past working experience in risk or analytics is desirable
This established company offer a competitive salary, contribution pension scheme, a range of flexible working arrangements and family friendly policies, 26 day’s holiday (excluding bank holiday) and career progression.