On behalf of our client, a prestigious business services company based in Marlow, we are seeking an experienced Finance Manager for this stand-alone position, overseeing the finances of the company. This position will become available due to retirement and the successful candidate will start the role in April/May 2018.
Reporting to the Senior Partner, the Finance Manager will have full responsibility for the financial affairs of the company and will also manage an Accounts Assistant.
Within this role Finance Manager, responsibilities will include:
- Preparing and maintaining the company’s accounts
- Preparation of outward (sales) invoices in multi-currency
- Reconciliation of control accounts in Nominal Ledger
- Managing all bank accounts
- Entry of transactions in Sage Accounts, Line 50
- Debt chasing and follow-up
- Liaison with the firm’s Accountants re payroll and year-end issues
- Providing management information to the partners
- Overseeing the processing of expense claims
- Overseeing of processing of inward (supplier) invoices in multi-currency
- Overseeing the preparation of the monthly payment run
- Overseeing the preparation of outward (sales) invoices in multi-currency
- Maintaining and providing HR information
- Liaison with clients and suppliers about invoice queries
- Liaison with pension scheme and insurance policy providers
- Preparation of electronic submissions to HMRC
- Dealing with Office of National Statistics requests for information
This role involves handling sensitive information, therefore, professionalism and discretion are paramount. Working within a team, the Finance Manager will have excellent numeracy skills and work to exacting standards to contribute towards the high-level service provided to clients.
To be considered for this position, candidates will satisfy the following criteria:
- Qualified or part-qualified ACCA/ACA/CIMA, or an exceptional qualified by experience accountant
- Minimum of two years’ experience at Finance Manager level or equivalent
- Excellent working knowledge of Sage 50 Accounts, advanced Excel and intermediate Word
- Previous working experience with multi-currency transactions is preferred
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Bright, enthusiastic personality and the aptitude for multi-tasking
- Ability to manage staff effectively
- Confident with client and supplier contact by telephone, email and letter
- Experience with handling payroll would be an advantage
If this sound like the role for you, this dynamic, innovative company will provide a competitive salary with a bonus scheme, free parking, private healthcare, contributory pension scheme and a friendly working environment.
Working hours are 9.00 – 5.30 (some flexibility around these hours is permitted) with 25 days annual holiday plus bank holidays.