Job title - Service Engineer
Location - Luton
Salary - £27,000 - £29,000
This is an opportunity to join a a company in offering a wide range of equipment and services to Care and Nursing Home customers. You will be part of a team of dedicated service engineers, the position offers £27,000 - £29,000 depending on experience as well as 21 days holiday + bank holidays. Alongside this a van, works phone, tablet/laptop and holiday incentives.
Tasks and Responsibilities of the service engineer include:
• Carry out planned and preventative maintenance, Loler inspections and other Service activities on our and competitors health care equipment products.
• Recommend repairs and improvements to the customer and provide quotations on prospective work such as replacement of parts to avoid breakdowns between service visits.
• To have full knowledge of our Company’s products.
• Responsible to maintain the Company vehicle, its stock and tools as well as your company phone, tablet/lap-top in good working order.
• Responsible for accurate time sheet reporting, correctly detailing job numbers, recording travel time, tagging and labeling equipment.
• Provide out-of-hours cover on a call-out rota.
• Trained and experienced in carrying out Loler tests on Care Home or similar equipment is essential.
• A formal education in electrical, mechanical and/or hydraulic engineering is preferred however a full company induction and training will be provided.
• Experienced in following Health and Safety guidelines and are experienced in making appropriate Risk Assessments and you ensure that you work in a safe manner.
• DBS/CRB checked to enable working in sensitive environments with vulnerable people.
• Clean driving license and possession of other operating licenses eg Fork Lift operator could also be of benefit