Main Purpose of the Job
Reporting to the Area Service Manager you will be covering the HU Postcode area. Working as part of a field service team you will be responsible for maintaining material handling equipment on our customer sites to the standards set by the business ensuring continuity of service to the customer.
- Repair and maintain Fork lift trucks and any other equipment and document fully
- Plan routine maintenance with customers
- Plan after service repair work
- Liaise with local engineers and controllers to complete repair work.
- Order the necessary spare parts as efficiently as possible
- Ensure that appropriate feedback is given to customers and service response team with regard to progress of work
- Work under own initiative without constant supervision
- Ensure that all chargeable repair work is identified and has the necessary supportive document/purchase order from the customer
- Liaise with management for authorisation of parts spend over the permitted values
- Ensure all necessary paperwork / data input into computer is completed accurately and within the stipulated time period
- Ensure all allocated work is adhered to and to notify Manager or Controller if in arrears
- Ensure that all van stock levels/movement records are accurate and correct
- Obtain hour meter readings /site information as requested by Controllers
- Take on any additional duties as directed by the Manager to ensure smooth running of the department
- Participate and contribute to team discussions as required
- Attend training as advised
- Comply with all Health and Safety rules and regulations within the Linde Group and on customer and supplier sites, together with observance of the KION Code of Compliance
Qualifications and Experience
The ideal candidate will hold a NVQ level 3 qualification in engineering, or equivalent, demonstrate good communication skills, both written and verbal. Must have a valid UK driving licence. In addition, candidates must be reliable, approachable.