An opportunity has arisen for a mid-level qualified Exhibition Designer to join a growing multi-disciplined design team based in Sheffield, UK. Considered a design Centre of Excellence, the team specialises in designing for blue chip global exhibition programmes within the aerospace, defence and healthcare sectors. You will be auto-enrolment into the company pension after 3 months – currently employer contributions are 4% Personal accident insurance from day 1. Following successful completion of the probation period: eligibility for bonus payments subject to the scheme criteria in place at the time, Life assurance cover and permanent health insurance.
You will be required to work as a team player demonstrating professionalism, imagination and creative flair in the design, detailing and visualisation of international exhibition projects. You will be expected to work on a wide scale of projects from concept to completion, attend meetings and briefings and support projects on site in Europe, the Middle East and Asia, developing strong design and project management skills essential to this role.
As an Exhibition Designer your duties will be to:
- Create concept sketches, detailed working drawings and full colour renderings;
- Liaise closely with project managers throughout the design process, ensuring adherence to brief and budget;
- Ensure designs meet specifications in relation to health and safety;
- Collaborate with the senior team to define the goals of each project;
- Actively engage in continuous improvement, ensuring suggestions and opportunities are highlighted to your Line Manager;
- Demonstrate commitment to the core values of the company;
- Take a participative role in the company’s sustainability initiative and ensure, where possible, your actions support the achievement of this initiative – re-use, recycle and replenish.
To be a successful Exhibition Designer you will have the following skills and experience:
- Experience and demonstrate a working knowledge of 3D Studio Max, Vectorworks or AutoCad and Adobe Suite applications;
- Creativity and innovation;
- Smart design approach;
- A current driving licence and your own transport would be an advantage. Public transport operates locally but would involve a short walk to the office;
- Enthusiasm and a passion for design;
- Dedication and commitment to meet deadlines;
- Ability to work well in a team environment;
- Attention to detail and finish specification;
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment;
- Excellent written and verbal communication and strategic thinking skills;
- Excellent interpersonal and presentation skills.
You will be working Monday to Friday, 9.00am – 5.30pm. However, candidates will be required to work evenings, weekends and public holidays as necessary to meet deadlines, event schedules and the demands of the business.
In return you will receive a salary of £30,000 per annum.
In application for this role we require a CV and portfolio. Please ensure that you clearly explain how you meet the criteria listed below. In your evidence of how you meet the criteria, you could refer to experience in a similar role (or a related field), or relevant transferable skills that you have.