Our Client is seeking to employ and experienced Estimator for their business based in the Flintshire region, North Wales. Our client is a structural steel based contractor who are established with a solid reputation and client base. The ideal Estimator will have a background and full understanding of the structural sector within construction.
The ideal candidate will have the following:
- Have proven experience preparing tender estimates
- Be proficient at negotiating contract terms and conditions
- Able to submit and agree interim valuations and final accounts
- Able to review and manage project accounts to ensure the most effective margins
- Be experienced in responding to tender documents and enquiries
- Been proficient at working with suppliers/sub-contractors to establish rates and sourcing costs as required
- Able to Specify materials, components and services in line with commercial, quality and H&S requirements
- Capable of managing the financial aspects of projects from start to finish
- Have a sound understanding of steel procurement and managing suppliers and supplier databases Cost manage projects through to final accounts
- Dealing with preparation of tenders and bids.
- Communicating with clients
- Presenting the final submission to the client.
- Assisting in the pre order negotiation process with the client.
- Including the procurement and management of materials and plant suppliers along with subcontractors and labour only operatives
- Full cost control of projects, management of contracts including project variations
- Production of applications for payment / invoicing and final account resolutions
- To provide the Directors with regular project performance reports
- Provide information for inclusion within tender submissions
- Reading Drawings and compiling a material take off
- Producing a bill of quantities
- Understanding Specifications
- Compiling lists of things to price
- Inputting information onto a bespoke spreadsheet and an external computer programme
- To sustain the Company's reputation with its existing client base
- To recognise and develop business growth opportunities with both existing and new clients
- Management of sub-contract packages on projects in a timely manner protecting the company's contractual position
- Value Engineering to propose alternatives to specifications in order to reduce costs and / or improve quality and efficiency.
There is a pension schemed and car allowance included dependent on candidate
If you feel you have the right attributes to suit this position please send your CV and covering letter for the attention of Sophie Scott or call our office on 01543 629090